0191 491 5032 | info@chartwise-online.com

Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor

Since 01/01/23 all consignors of dangerous goods need a DGSA. All carriers have always needed a DGSA.

Do I need a DGSA?

There are some exemptions. If:

  • you only do it occasionally, for example breakdown recovery vehicles
  • you’re only receiving the dangerous goods (you’re the ‘consignee’)
  • they’re in ‘limited quantities’
  • you’re moving them a very short distance by road, for example between buildings on an industrial estate
  • you’re using private vehicles

You do not require the services of a DGSA. If, however, none of these exemptions apply to your operation, you will need either to:

  • have a member of your staff obtain the qualification;
  • or engage an external provider.

In the delivery of the service, our DGSA will work closely with the director and staff to ensure all applicable laws and guidelines are understood.

The package, which is delivered over the course of twelve months, includes: 

  • customised awareness training for all staff;
  • developing systems in line with standards;
  • an initial report;
  • the legally required end of year report;
  • ongoing advice/support through the year.

Find out More

If you would like to know more about this service, and how it can benefit your operation, fill out the form below

    We respect your privacy, and will only use your data to fulfill your request. We would, however, like to send you occasional content we think may be of value to you. If you're happy to receive said content, please tick the box below:

    You may unsubscribe from these at any time. For more information on our privacy practices, please review our Privacy Policy.

    By clicking Submit, you consent to our storing and processing the data entered above to provide you with the information you've requested.