Head Office: 143 Princesway North, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0TU
We're recruiting again. Get your applications in before the deadline.
Could you be the next Compliance Consultant to join the team?
Role: Compliance Consultant
Reporting to: Operations Director
- Location: Team Valley Trading Estate
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (Totaling 37.5 hours per week)
Salary: (£20-24k) Negotiable depending on experience
Chartwise provide support services to commercial vehicle operators Nationwide. Our largest sector by far is the Road Transport Industry, a heavily legislated dynamic industry, upon which the strength of the UK economy depends. Chartwise was established in 1985 and moved to the current location on Team Valley trading estate in 1991.
Our clients are varied and therefore we are looking for individuals who can bring something new to the table. While qualifications are great, we know that a can do attitude and a desire to continually learn and improve your knowledge and skills are far more important to us. Yes certain roles require specific qualifications and experience, however we can give you the opportunity to gain both of these if you have the right attitude and commitment to the team. We want people who share our core values, people who don’t just turn up for work but show up and make a difference to the company and our clients every day. If you want to work with us then you need to be willing to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to deliver for your clients every time.
As a Compliance Consultant you will be running a small team and managing a portfolio of clients. Your primary goal is to help our clients stay up to date and proactive when it comes to managing their commercial vehicle operator licence.
• Accurately identify client requirements through inspection of their premises and operating systems.
• Identify and implement changes in legislation to ensure continued legal compliance of our clients.
• Advise clients on relevant standards, giving pragmatic support and guidance on suitable best practice.
• Conduct audits of clients operational systems against relevant standards
• Deliver training sessions for clients and internal colleagues where appropriate.
• Effective management of client caseload and support team activities.
• Proactively support your colleagues with changing workload demands.
• Support the helpline service during working hours.
• Provide a positive and professional image to clients, prospective clients and the wider public.
• Continual development of the scope of our services, identifying any relevant additional service opportunities within existing and prospective clients.
• Travel to clients premises which may from time to time require overnight stays
• Any other tasks which can be reasonably performed as requested by Chartwise
• A can do, will do attitude is essential.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good organisation skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
• Ability to evaluate information and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to research using a variety of resources.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own car.
As mentioned before we are looking for the person with the right attitude rather than someone who has got the most qualifications. Therefore the qualifications listed below are not a requirement but a guide to what may be viewed as an advantage. As our clients are so varied and the skill sets of a good consultant are wide ranging the following qualifications may be an advantage to potential candidates.
• Certificate of Professional Competence (in Road Haulage or Passenger Transport)
• DSA LGV Instructor
• SAFED Instructor
• FORS Practitioner
• ADR Vocational Training Certificate
• ILM Professional Trainer Techniques
• AET / PTLLS or Similar Teaching Qualification
• Recognised Auditing Qualification
Think you've got what it takes?
We are looking for candidates with a true passion for their profession, who actively commit to personal development and lifelong learning in their field of expertise. We can give you qualifications, we can help you climb the ladder and deliver exceptional service to your clients as long as you have the right attitude and a commitment to constantly challenge and improve yourself and the team around you.
In return we can offer you the usual competitive salary, pension contributions and generous holiday allowance but most important of all we can offer you a great place to work in a growing business with constant opportunities to develop your knowledge and make your mark in our industry.
If this role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested let them know by sharing